Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Langkawi Attractions

Langkawi is a very beautiful place to visit. I have been to Langkawi twice and would love to visit again. There are many things to see and do there with your family. Lots of good food to eat as well. If you are planning a vacation in Malaysia, you can consider visiting the beautiful Langkawi island because you will love it here. Here are some popular attractions you can find in Langkawi.

Langkawi Eagle Square
The Langkawi Eagle Square also known as 'Dataran Lang' is the best known man-made sculpture of a large eagle ready to take off. The 12 meter tall statue is one of the island's most recognizable monuments. You can take a walk to see the beautiful landscape here and it would be great to come in the evening to see the sunset.


Langkawi Black Sand Beach
Have you ever seen a black sand beach before? It was my first time seeing black sand at Langkawi Black Sand Beach. This is a popular tourist attraction because of its unique color of the sand. If your family loves to play at beaches and build sand castles, come here to see something unique, black color sand.


Underwater World Langkawi
Underwater World Langkawi is one of the largest marine and freshwater aquariums in Southeast Asia. It has an underwater tunnel where you can see sharks, stingrays and other sea creatures swim around you. This is the perfect family tourist attractions where you can learn more about sea creatures. It will be fun and educational for the whole family.


Langkawi Crocodile Farm
The Langkawi Crocodile Farm is 10 acres in size with lush greenery making it look like a recreation park. There are more than 1000 crocodiles in different ponds. The main attractions here are the Crocodile Feeding and Crocodile Show. During the feeding, the trainer will blow his whistle loudly and the crocodiles will go nearer to him. Then he will feed the crocodiles at close range. The Crocodile show is very dangerous because the trainer will put his hand or even head in the crocodile's mouth when it is open for a long time.

Crocodiles feeding time

Part of the dangerous crocodile show

Langkawi Cable Car Ride and Sky Bridge

If you enjoy seeing beautiful scenery from above, you will enjoy the Langkawi Cable Car Ride. This cable car ride takes you to the top of Mount Mat Chinchang for a birds eye view of Langkawi. Take a breathtaking walk along the Langkawi Sky Bridge to experience the awesome view. 




Langkawi Sky Bridge

Water Sports Activities
There are also many watersports activities you can play at the Langkawi beaches. One of them is the parasailing which I have tried before. I love the view from the top while the wind was blowing at me. It was an awesome experience and I would love to do it again. 


Besides these places mentioned above, there are many more places of attractions in Langkawi namely Langkawi Wildlife Park, Telaga Tujuh Waterfalls, Rice Museum, Dayang Bunting Island, Langkawi Night Market, Atma Alam Batik Village and Mahsuri's Tomb.

There is a very good hotel, Bayview Hotel Langkawi located at Jalan Pandak Mayah 1, Pusat Bandar Kuah, Langkawi. This hotel is near the Langkawi Eagle Square or 'Dataran Lang'. To find for the best deals for Bayview Hotel Langkawi, book it today online. 

Bayview Hotel Langkawi

The nice and clean swimming pool

Very clean, spacious and comfortable rooms 


When you want to plan your trip to Langkawi, you can always use Traveloka page https://www.traveloka.com/en-my/ to get the best deals for hotels and flight tickets. Langkawi is a very beautiful island and after your first visit, you will want to come back again. Have a happy vacation in Langkawi!

(Some of these photos were taken from Google)

32 comments:

  1. Nice! I'd love to visit Langkawi soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to know. I think you will love the attractions there.

      Delete
  2. I was just going through my photos and was reminded that my last trip to Langkawi was two years ago. It's time to head to the island again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, visit Langkawi and hope you will use Traveloka page to get the best deals.

      Delete
  3. I really love Langkawi. The beaches, and the chocolates of course :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely beaches, managed to collect some seashells. I bought lots of chocolates the last time I was there.

      Delete
  4. I need to go to Langkawi again - the serenity, the beautiful sunset and the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Langkawi is a place where you will want to visit again and again.

      Delete
  5. I have not been in Langkawi for almost 15 years. Now Langkawi has developed into a nice state. Should plan a trip to Langkawi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy your trip there and see the changes.

      Delete
  6. This looks so fun! I want to visit the Underwater World <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing the sea creatures swim. Yes, it's fun.

      Delete
  7. I wish to visit this place. Oh my my list is getting longer! Thanks deary :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. Longer list of places to visit. Start planning.

      Delete
  8. Langkawi is one of my favorite places to visit in Malaysia. I've been to all these places you mentioned. Miss it! Time to plan again i guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to go again too. This time I want to bring my kids there.

      Delete
  9. I cant remember when was the last time i'm in Langkawi and at the same hotel u stay as well... Should plan again - Racheal Foodilifecious

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love visiting Langkawi and I've been there numerous time but yet to visit the black beach. Definately a place I'll keep in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cable car! I love to ride a cable car when visit Langkawi. But huhu lama sudah tak pergi langkawi.
    www.unlimitedbeautysecret.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. high time to plan another trip back to Langkawi... huhuhu..... this post and pictures make me want to go there now...

    ReplyDelete
  13. love Langkawi. great place for drinks and chill

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I want to go to Underwater World Langkawi again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great place for learning about sea creatures. Just love it there.

      Delete
  15. I need to plan my trip here one day! Haven't been exploring around Pulau Langkawi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gread idea. Langkawi is a beautiful island to explore.

      Delete
  16. I might be planning a visit soon.. these tips should be handy... Thanks :) Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Hope you enjoy your trip there.

      Delete