Thursday, July 14, 2016

SRK Noodle House

I was at SRK Noodle House with friends to try some authentic Sarawak noodles. This was my first time eating such delicious Sarawak noodles. It's the best in town. I learnt about the Foochow culture here from Grace Pang, the Chief Development Officer and her partner, Mr. Wong Tes Siong (Ah Xiang) and Mr. Chan Kam Wai.


Mr. Wong came to Kuala Lumpur from Miri, Sarawak in year 2012 alone. He met Mr. Chan Kam Wai who was a friend and a business partner now. Ah Xiang failed to find good authentic Sarawak food in Kuala Lumpur so he decided to open a small business introducing Kampua noodles and Sarawak laksa in a coffee shop in Puchong. Business was slow in the beginning until he gave free samples for customers to try. Many people loved to eat his noodles and with the help of his Godmother, he open a restaurant called SRK Noodle House at SS 15, Subang Jaya in year 2014. This allowed him to add other specialties into the menu. Today, he managed to own 4 branches. The locations are at 
a) 10, Jalan Puteri 1/2, Pusat Bandar Puchong47100 Puchong, Selangor
b) 20B, Jalan 14/20, Section 14, 46100 Petaling Jaya
c) The head quarters is at No. 84, Jalan SS15/4B, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia


The restaurant is air-conditioned, spacious, clean and comfortable. The most important is that the food was really delicious.


Kampua mee was invented by the Foochow people. Authentic Kampua mee is made from egg, flour and salt. It is white in color and is prepared by boiling the noodles in water until soft, taken out and mixed with lard oil, soy sauce and oyster sauce. There is no artificial flavor or MSG added.



 Bien Nuik Kampua Mee Soup (RM 8.25 R, RM 9.25 L) The soup was tasty and the noodle was delicious.

Sarawak Bien Nuik (RM 8.25 R, RM 9.35 L) It is similar to wan tan and the fresh minced pork fillings was very good.

Sarawak Gui Cap (RM 9.00 R, RM10.05 L) Soup tasted really good. 

Home made Char Siu  (RM 7.40 R , RM 13.80 L) Sweet and good. Meat was a little hard.

 Tomato Kuay Teow (RM 10.40) A unique dish with tomato sauce and seafood gravy tasted really good.

Special Mee Hoon (RM 11.45) This was my first time trying the Sarawak mee hoon, it was really delicious and tasty. Sharp shaped 'katuk' or sweet leaf is chosen for this dish with small fresh shrimp from Bintulu.

SRK Special Fried Rice (RM 11.20) It was very good, not too dry and had lots of luncheon meat, lap cheong and roast pork.

 Sarawak Laksa (RM 10.40 R, RM 11.45 L) Tasted delicious with generous servings of prawns and chicken slices. This dish is usually enjoyed with Sarawak Bintulu Belacan.and lime juice.


If you want to know more about SRK Noodle House, please visit their Facebook HERE or their website at http://srknoodlehouse.vvin.com/ We had a very enjoyable dinner and my daughter and I really loved the food here. We will be going back for more delicious Sarawak noodles.






26 comments:

  1. Looks so good the food. Thanks for recomending

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really the best Sarawak noodle in SRK. I have brought my son to others place for noodle, he say SRK more delicious, will bring him here again and again when I visit Subang area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter also said that SRK noodle is the best noodle she has ever tried.

      Delete
  3. Looks like another place with tasty and value for money dishes! Joining this blog hop is making me very hungry :) Thanks for sharing this, I hope I get to give it a try when I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do come and try when you are around that area. They have 4 branches.

      Delete
  4. Not been to Miri, but I always hear off the food from my friend. She keeps talking about a fast food restaurant called sugar something, tried tht before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't tried that fast food restaurant before.

      Delete
  5. Looks like some great restaurant but not able to try cos got lard and pork... huhuhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not Halal, hope they can make the food Halal someday so more people can enjoy Sarawak noodles.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  6. the kampua looks so good!! :D would love to try it out too

    ReplyDelete
  7. will definitely try out some Sarawak dishes as i've never been to Sarawak. The tomato koay teow looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cartoon of the SRK Noodle =D The tomato kuey Teow looks interesting to eat !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. not a big fan of noodles, but these noodles does look good. Come throw some for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so many types of noodles. I like the Sarawak Gui Cap.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've tried this place! The noodles sure are yummy

    ReplyDelete
  12. SRK means Shah Rukh Khan??!! Because he is quite famous in Malaysia. Loved the noodle varieties here.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool, i miss all the great sarawak food, too bad the shops all far from me else i would go there daily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Restaurant name is quite interesting and food looks tempting and quite reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. tried it before!!!Their food is not bad...quite nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love their mee texture and taste. Pretty affordable too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I missed my hometown mee. Will go and give a try as I also hard fine some tasty Sarawak noodle.

    ReplyDelete
  18. more great restaurant that I can recommend to my friends! Quite affordable, huh

    ReplyDelete
  19. I heard about this shop too and my friends recommend it too as the food are authentic

    ReplyDelete